Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Pirate party inspiration #2

Another great party from Vintage Junky. I love the X marks the spot idea.

By the way these party inspirations are not in any kind of order. Just ideas I have collected from the great wide Internet.


Aarghh! We had a great time!

Thanks everyone for your sweet comments about Baby Hughes' 1st Birthday. I thought I would share some photos with you. Unfortunately, both Mr. Hughes and I were running around trying to get everything finished and trying to capture the most important moments that we didn't get a lot of good photos of the decor. The above photo is a chalk drawing that Mr. Hughes did on our big chalkboard. He always does a different sketch for special occasions.

Yes, yes I made my son wear this ridiculous hat. And, one day he will probably find out that I posted it on here. And he will be mad. Oh well, I am sure I will manage worse through the years. This was actually on his birthday. I sugared him up 2 days in a row.
He started by picking the dots off individually. Then he realized that he had never had this delicious sugar concoction before...then he went to town!
So yummy! He stayed up until 1:30 playing with his toys and sweating off all that sugar. The next day we had his Pirate Party. We had set up most of it the night before, but we still ran around trying to get all of it finished before the early guests came.
X marked the spot instead of balloons. This was one of my favorite decorations.
Baby Hughes' pirate cake. It tasted better than the one the night before. We had the lady that made our wedding cake and groom's cake make it. The treasure chest was his personal cake to smash/eat. We also had mini key lime pies and goldfish chex mix.
The outside table centerpiece with a burlap runner, starfish, wooden swords and (empty!) bottles of rum.
The birthday banner that I blogged about earlier.
We put up sheets under the pergola that we bought from Goodwill for $1 each. It was very hot and sunny, so this was the only way to make it bearable. And, they kind of looked like sails. Mr. Hughes worried that he was going to catch the sails on fire while grilling the Salty Dogs, but thank goodness he didn't!
Our pirate flag!
The treat buckets I got from the Dollar Aisle at Target. I filled them with pirate bubbles, a pirate magnet, a pirate rubber ducky and temporary tattoos. I had wanted to have a temporary tattoo table where the guests all could get one, but we ran out of time.
The only shot I have of his Treasure Chest where the guests put their gifts for Baby Hughes.
The Pirate Punch Bar.
A really neat barrel cooler that we got at a local auction. It is so cool and keeps the ice frozen for a long time. I want to paint it white(but leave the metal dark) now that the party is over, but Mr.Hughes isn't thrilled about that.
The book we gave him the night before. We had all the guests sign it and we will read it to him every year.
I think this was the only time that he wasn't moving or being held by someone. And he doesn't look happy. But, I wanted to show you this cute shirt that I bought on etsy from happyfamily.
And here is the Hughes family blowing out our baby's candle. He wanted to grab it. He hasn't quite grasped blowing yet!
And here is my boy with cake on his forehead. He picked at this one too, but threatened any one who tried to take it away!

No comments:

Post a Comment