Monday, December 21, 2009

Easy sew Pirate vest

Easy Sew Pirate Vest

I found this tutorial on the web for making a pirate vest. The original post is in Italian so I had to translate it with google translator. I think it did a pretty good job. Follow the link above to go to the original site and download the patterns.






This is our costume for Halloween, a little pirate-looking threatening.

We do not know yet whether we will use it to attend a party, probably just put our house or grandparents, for us it was like another opportunity to play along with disguises.


To sew the vest, hat and scarf I used the black felt, the rest of clothing (trousers, white shirt and red bandanna) already had at home.

To make the vest (size 2 years) and the patch you can download the 4 patterns I designed for you: Click here go to original site for patterns

I cut the first two pieces in front of the vest, then the piece back.


I joined the track in front and one behind with pins and I have sewn the back shoulders and hips.



To make this pretty simple vest embroidered with the car I have piping with red thread and I sewed embroidery on the back of the pirate who had previously prepared. The paper pattern to embroider the pirate can be found in this post: the pirate top stitch.



For the dressing, I cut an oval from black felt and added black elastic to tie it.


The hat was the most difficult to achieve, I followed the tutorial explaining how threadbanger where cucirne one with a pair of leather pants to recycle. I'm not having the pants I used the black felt and finally I do not know how I managed to do it. We add here the video so you can get an idea of how I work:

No comments:

Post a Comment