Saturday, December 12, 2009

Faux wax seal

So continuing from my other wax seal post...

I love the idea of using a wax seal on the invites but don't want to pay the extra postage that would entail. Not to mention buying the wax and stamp so I deiced to have the best of both worlds. A faux was seal, made in photoshop, that looks like it's wax but is really just a sticker.


I was going to try and make it myself using this tutorial here but after an 1 1/2 playing around and not being happy with it I found Becky on Etsy that makes them in a .png file that you can uses again and again for only $7.50. Sold.

From the time I purchased it till she emailed me the final file was like 3 hrs. LOVE

Here's what she came up with.


In Photoshop I made repeated the seal as many times as I could on an 8.5 x 11 canvas



Printed it out on full sheet sticker paper that I bought off Ebay. Cut each one out (only took about an hour while I was watching Dateline)

And here it is on the STD envelope.



Didn't it come out awesome? I think it just added that extra touch.
The best part..I have the .png file and can use it over and over again. I plan on using the seal in the decorations and defiantly on the invites and thank you cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment