Monday, December 7, 2009

Pirate party favor pouch

DIY: Pirate Party Favor that they will LOVE!



When I was trying to come up with some cute and very cheap party favors for the little pirates coming to the birthday party, I searched high and low and finally found some little items but I needed something to put them in.  I remembered my little one coming home from church with a felt pouch they made to put stones in.



So, I called on a friend who came through and brought me the left overs from the lesson and boy was I excited.  These are super easy to make and take very little time and are PERFECT for giving away their favors in.





Cut a felt circle with a 9" diameter.  My friend said to fold it in half and cut a semicircle and she highly recommended using quilters guides to make them come out even.  Then punch 8 evenly spaced holes around the circle.  I have a massive hole punch but a standard one will work.


Then roughly lay out a piece of string and cut it to length so that you can run it through all eight holes and have plenty left to tie the strings together in a knot.  Run the string all the way around and tie.  Bot ends should come out on the same side of the felt circle.  Now, on the opposite end of your circle run your string through all the way around and tie in a not like before.  You will have two knotted ends on both sides of your circle.  When you pull the knotted strings, you will have this.












Now, just fine some really great fillers and through them all into the pouch and they are ready to give.


No comments:

Post a Comment